OPSC Recruitment 2018-Apply Online 198 Posts opsconline.gov.in: Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) invites applications for the posts of Dental Surgeon in Group-A (Jr.) of Odisha Medical Services (Dental) Cadre under Health and Family Welfare Department. The notification is released with the Advertisement No. 15 of 2017/2018. Eligible candidates with prescribed qualification and experience can apply through online and send the application by offline. The candidates have to apply online before 07/04/2018. The last date for payment of fee is 09/04/2018. The candidates have to apply offline before 13/04/2018.
Vacancies in OPSC Recruitment:
Number of Vacancies: 198
Name of the Posts: Dental Surgeon in Group-A (Jr.) of Odisha Medical Services (Dental) Cadre under Health and Family Welfare Department
Notification No: 15 of 2017/2018
|Name of the post||No of Posts||Scale of Pay||Essential Qualification|
|Dental Surgeon in Group-A (Jr.) of Odisha Medical Services (Dental) Cadre under Health and Family Welfare Department||198||Rs. 15,600/- – Rs. 39,100/- with grade pay of Rs. 5,400/- as per 6th pay Commission||1. A candidate must have possessed a Bachelors Degree in Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).|
2. Have possessed a Registration Certificate under the Dentists Act-1948.
3. Have possessed required Conversion Certificates recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) in case of candidates having Degrees from Universities or Foreign Countries.
Age: The candidate’s age should be between 21- 30 years as on 1st January 2018 i.e. he/she must not have been born earlier than 1st January 1986 and not later than I st January 1997. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Fee: An application fee of Rs. 300/- is to be paid by the candidates applying for the post. The candidates belonging to SC, ST of Odisha only and Persons with disability (whose disability is not less than 40%) are exempted from payment of Application Fee. The fee should be paid through online only.
Selection Process: The process of selection will be done on the basis of career marking and written test.
- The Career marking will be made in the following manner:–
- Marks secured in the 10th class examination – 10 %;
- Marks secured in the 12th class examination – 10 %;
- Marks secured in Bachelor of Dental Surgery examination -10 %;
- The written test will be made in the following manner:-
- Total marks in written test – 200;
- Total of questions is 200 which shall be of multiple choice questions (MCQ) pattern;
- No negative marking for wrong answers;
- Qualifying mark 50% for UR & SEBC, 45% for PWD and 40% for SC/ST in aggregate taking together both career and written test mark.
- Duration of Examination – 3 hours;
- Syllabus – As per Dental Council of India (DCI) Syllabus of BDS;
The Commission shall prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of career marking and written test which shall be equal to the number of advertised vacancies.
How to apply: The eligible candidates with the prescribed qualification and experience can apply for the desired post. The candidates have to apply through OPSC http://opsconline. gov.in. The candidates have to first apply online and send the copy of the application through offline along with the list of mentioned documents by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to
|The Secretary, |
Odisha Public Service Commission, 19,
Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack -753001
Documents to be attached to the application:
- H.S.C. Pass or equivalent Certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Intermediate/+2 Sc. Pass Certificate issued by the concerned University/Council;
- B.D.S. Degree Pass Certificate issued by DCI recognized Colleges/institutions;
- Mark-list in support of all the aforesaid examinations (i.e. from H.S.C. to Bachelor degree in Dental Surgeon) passed including fail marks, if any, issued by the concerned Board/Council/University;
- Houseman-ship Completion Certificate;
- Medical Registration Certificate under the Dentist Act, 1948;
- Required Conversion Certificates recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) in case of candidates having Degrees from Universities of Foreign Countries;
- A “No Objection Certificate” from the Head of Office/Head of the Department in case of Government Servant;
- Attach two recent passport size photographs (unsigned & unattested), with the printout/hard copy of online application form which has been uploaded;
- Certificates of character and conduct from the Principal/Proctor/Dean or Professor in charge of Teaching Department of the College or University in which he/she last studied;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C./S.T, wherever applicable (Please see Note-1); Concession meant for S.C./S.T./ S.E.B.C. are admissible to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
Examination Center: The exam will be conducted at Cuttack only. The written examination will be tentatively held on 06.5.2018. The programme of the examination will be notified well in advance.
|Last date for online application||07/04/2018|
|Last date for payment of fee||09/04/2018|
|Last date for offline application||13/04/2018|
|For official notification Click here||To apply online Click here|