How to Register Passport Online | Appointment Availability | Status passportindia.gov.in: The interested and desired Persons can apply for Passport through Passport Seva, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The person who intends to get a passport can apply through the website www.passportindia.gov.in. This website is user-friendly, easy to access, which acts as a source that provides information to the citizens of India. All Indian citizens who wish to depart from India should possess a valid passport or a travel document. Under the Passport Act 1967, different types of passports or travel documents such as Ordinary passport, Diplomatic passport, Official passport, Emergency certificate are issued by the Government of India. Indian passports are issued through 37 passport offices located in different places.
The steps for applying passport are: Online Registration, Filling, and Submission of the online application form, Payment of Fee, scheduling an appointment and the last stage is visiting the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
Step 1: How to Register Passport Online:
- The person has to click on the link to enter to Passport Seva website. http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Then Click on “New User? Register Now”.
- Then a page gets opened “ User Registration”.
- The Person has to carefully fill the details Register to apply at (CPV Delhi or Passport Office), Passport office name, Person name, and surname, Date of Birth, E-Mail Id, Login Id, and Password.
- The Person has to fill all the fields which are mandatory.
- After filling the details the candidate has to click on “Register”.
- Then the Person gets confirmation sent to their email.
The person can further login to their account using the User ID and the Password they mentioned while filling the online application. This process is same for the Existing users as well as new users.
Step 2: Selecting, Filling, and Submission of the online application form:
- The person has to click on the http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- There will be an option of “Steps to apply – Online Services”. Below that there will be several options. The person has to select one of the options “Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic/Official Passport, Police Clearance certificate, Identity certificate, Surrender Certificate, Background verification of GEP”.
- Click on the desired option, carefully fill all the details which are mandatory and submit the form.
Step 2 (A): Filling and Submission of the Offline application form:
- For applying offline the person has to open the where he/she finds the option of downloading the E- Forms. http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/downloadEFormStatic
- The person finds the options” Fresh or Re-issue of Passport, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Identity Certificate e-Form (applicable to Tibetan Refugees and Stateless People) and Surrender Certificate e-Form.
- The person can choose the option and click on the desired option click here and can download the application.
- Applicants have to fill in the application in Capital letters and have to upload the filled-in application back.
- The candidate should have the latest version of Acrobat Reader (9 or above) to open and fill the Forms. No printed copies of E-Forms will be accepted.
Step 3: Pay, and Schedule an appointment:
- The applicant has to go to home page and click on “View saved/ submitted applications”.
- A page will be opened displaying the details of the previous details filled by the applicant in tabular form the ARN, Applicant name, Submission No, File No etc
- Several options will be displayed below the table. Then click on “Pay and Schedule appointment”.
- The payment takes to the SBI Multi Option Payment System (MOPS). Online payment can be made through Credit/Debit card, Internet Banking (SBI banks and other associate banks) and SBI bank challan.
- If the payment is made, the applicant can go to home page and can check the payment status by clicking on “Track Payment Status”.
- Applicant has to go to saved/Submitted applications screen and click on “Schedule Appointment”.
- The applicant has to select the option of “Appointment Quota (Normal/Tatkal).
- Then click on the “Book Appointment”. The appointment is booked for the applicants with PSK.
- The applicants have an option of Cancelling/Rescheduling an appointment is allowed up to two times only within a year of the first appointment date.
Step 4: Visit Passport Seva Kendra (PSK):
- The applicant has to visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) with the mentioned Original Documents and their photocopies. Photographs of the candidate are not required.
- Applicants who, despite booked appointment can be refused due to non-availability of the required set of documents can revisit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) within the next three working days.
In the above-mentioned pattern, the desired candidates can apply for the passport in a stepwise manner. Several options are provided for the convenience of the applicants.
Document Required for Fresh Passport
Document Required for Re-issue of Passport
Document Required for PCC and Miscl. services
Document Required for Diplomatic/Official Passport
Documents required for Background Verification for GEP and more at http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink