Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Tirupati Recruitment 2018-Apply 12 Posts : Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati invites application for the posts of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor. Eligible candidates with prescribed qualification and experience can apply through online and send the applications offline. The notification is released with the Advertisement No. SPMVV/Estt/A1/Phase-I/2017. The last date for online applications is 20/01/2018.The last date for offline applications is 22/01/2018. The process of selection will be done by the Screening Test and the Oral Interview. The candidates will be shortlisted based on the Screening Test. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Oral Interview.
Vacancies in Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati:
Number of Vacancies: 12
Name of the Posts: Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor.
Notification No: SPMVV/Estt/A1/Phase-I/2017
|S No.||Name of the Department||Associate Professor No. of|
|Roster Category||Assistant Professor No. of|
|Group-I – Social Sciences|
|1.||Education – General||—-||—-||1||ST|
|2.||Education – Special|
|3.||Music & Fine Arts||—-||—-||1||SC|
|Group-II – Sciences|
|2.||Applied Mathematics||—-||—-||2||OC SC|
|Group-III – Pharmacy|
|Group-IV – Engineering|
cation Engineering (ECE)
Note: Only women candidates are eligible to apply for the advertised Associate Professor post
Fee: An application fee of Rs.1000/- is to be paid by the candidates for the post of Associate Professor. The fee should be paid in the form of Demand Draft. The fee should be paid in favor of Registrar, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, payable at Tirupati from any nationalized bank towards Registration fee.
Qualification for Associate Professor in Applied Microbiology:
- Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. Research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in UGC Regulation 2010 and the amendments issued by the UGC till date (Appendix-III – Formats appended).
Qualifications for the post of Assistant Professor:
A Master’s Degree in Arts/Humanities/Sciences and M.Ed. each with a minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed);
M.A. (Education) and B.Ed. each with a minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed); and
Any other stipulation prescribed by the UGC/such other affiliating body/State Government, from time to time for the positions of Assistant Professors (Lecturers), shall be mandatory.
A Master’s Degree in Arts/Humanities/Sciences and M.Sc in Speech and Hearing/M.A.S.L.P. and M.Ed. Special (H.I) each with a minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
Music & Fine Arts:
Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in Music or an equivalent degree from an Indian/Foreign University.
First/Second Class (not less than 55%) Master Degree in Social Work and Ph.D. in Social Work or NET/SLET/SET in the concerned subject.
Dept. of Women’s Studies-Subject: Economics:
First/Second Class (not less than 55%) Master Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Applied Economics and Ph.D. in the subject concerned or NET/SLET/SET in the concerned subject.
First/Second Class (not less than 55%) Masters Degree in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and Ph.D. in the concerned subject or NET/SLET/SET in the concerned subject.
- A basic degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding
- First Class Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of specialization in Pharmacy
Teaching, research industrial and/or professional experience in a reputed organization; and papers presented at Conferences and/or in refereed journals.
Specializations: Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical Analysis.
Engineering and Technology:
- First class Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering (Engg.) and Technology (Tech.)
- Preference will be given to the candidates who possess First Class in the Bachelor’s degree also in the appropriate branch of Engineering (Engg.) and Technology (Tech.)
- Without prejudice to the above, the following conditions may be considered
- Teaching, research industrial and/or professional experience in a reputed organization;
- Papers presented at Conferences and/or in refereed
Selection Process: The process of selection will be done by the Screening Test and the Oral Interview. The candidates will be shortlisted based on the Screening Test. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the Oral Interview. The test consists of two papers. Paper I, common to all Candidates, will cover Teaching and Research Aptitude, while Paper II will be conducted on the subject concerned. The paper I and Paper II put together is for 300 marks. Paper, I will contain 120 objective type questions for 120 marks (each question carries 1 mark). For Paper II, the Candidates have to answer 180 objective type questions for 180 marks (each question carries 1 mark). Duration of Paper I is 2 hours and for Paper II duration is 3 hours.
There will be negative marks for each wrong answer. Each wrong answer will carry 1/3 negative mark for the question. The minimum qualifying marks in the online screening test for consideration of an eligible candidate to the oral interview in case of OC category is 40%, BC category is 35% and for SC, ST and PH categories is 30%.
How to apply: The eligible candidates with the prescribed qualification and experience can apply for the desired post. The eligible candidates have to apply through website www.spmvv.ac.in. The candidates have to fill in the application and have to send the online application along with Copies of all the testimonials, details of educational qualifications, Date of Birth Certificate, Caste Certificate, Medical Certificate issued by a competent authority in case of candidates of OH/HH/VH category, Experience Certificate, etc., by Registered Post / Speed Post to
|The Registrar, |
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, (A.P.),
The envelope containing the application should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Microbiology”.
|Last date for online applications||20/01/2018|
|Last date for offline applications||22/01/2018|
|For official notification Click here|